- Please ensure the recording of your presentation does not exceed your allotted time as discussed with your session chairs.
- Please submit your video recording in a MP4 file format
- Your video must be rendered at 720p (1280×720)
- Sent your recording to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2 November 2020 via a Dropbox or Google Drive folder (or your choice of file sharing software)
Walk Through Video
Please watch the below video to get to know the system we will be using for the GAP 2020 Online event.
- The session will run using the OnAIR platform.
- The sessions will include speakers and chairs. Chairs will monitor Live Q&A, mark questions for the Live Q&A at the end of the presentations and act as timekeeper for live presenters in the session.
- A Technical Assistant will also be present to manage the broadcast, stream the pre-recorded videos and troubleshoot as required.
- Pre-recordings of speakers talks will be collected via Leishman Associates. Please share this via a Dropbox/Google Drive account by Monday 2 November 2020 to email@example.com
Joining your Live Presentation
- First, login to the GAP 2020 Online Event Portal (OnAIR) with your username and password or PIN, as explained in the welcome email you received after registering.
- Follow the prompts and enable the settings you will require (webcam and microphone).
- Find your session in the Timeline. The session(s) you are involved in will have a ‘preview’ button next to the session title.
- Select the green phone icon ‘Present’ in the Presenter Control Panel to join the session as a presenter, half hour prior to your session beginning to meet the Technical Assistant. Clicking the green phone button will put you in the Green Room.
- Joining the session will add you to the Green Room where all speakers will sit while waiting to be added to the Main Stage. While you are in the Green Room, you can talk to the other presenters and Technical Assistant during the session without being heard by the attendees.
Presenter Control Panel
Each button on the Presenter Control Panel operates in the following ways:
- Green phone ‘Present’: Join the session as a presenter.
- Red phone ‘End Presentation’: Leave the Session.
- Stop Camera: Turns your camera on and off.
- Mute Mic / Unmute Mic: Turns your microphone on and off.
- Settings: To change the camera and microphone on your computer that you are using.
- Share Screen: This will only be useable when you are on the Main Stage, Use this to share your screen, once activated a pop-up box will appear to select what window, screen or tab you wish to share.
- Media: Line up pre-recorded videos, holding slides, etc. Please be aware that the Technical Assistant will queue your pre-recorded talk that you provided at an earlier date.
- Breakout Rooms: This will only be useable for the host; this button creates breakout rooms if required.
- Live Poll: You can load in questions to poll the audience with. Click this button to open this window.
- Live Q&A: The audience will send in questions, click this button to bring up the window with the submitted questions. Chairs must ensure to monitor this window.
- Session Information: View the information from the Online Program that the attendees can see.
- Presenter Chat: Shows a window with messages to and from other presenters
- Preview: Allows you to change your view to see what the attendees see, we recommend leaving your view as a presenter so you can see what is going on in the Green Room as well as on the Main Stage
- Control Room: Message the Technical Assistant
- We recommend you use Google Chrome. If you are unable to, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Opera will also work.
- Do not use a VPN connection. Institutions and other facilities may use a VPN that blocks access to the platform.
- If you plan to share your screen, we recommend you use a fixed internet link.
- We would recommend you avoid too much detail on your slides as your presentation will appear smaller to participants via the online portal.
- To Mute and Unmute yourself to speak in the Green Room, click the volume button next to the Green Room sign
- When the session is over, click ‘End Presentation’ and then click ‘Leave’.
During the Session
- The live session will start half hour before the scheduled start time. We recommend you join at least 20 minutes beforehand.
- As well as the chair and speakers, each session will have a Technical Assistant who will start and end the session and play any recordings.
- Once the start time arrives, we will screenshare a holding slide to say ‘Presentation will start soon’ to give attendees a few seconds to start viewing the session.
- When you are not involved and required to speak, you will be located in the Green Room. Once Live Q&A begins and you are required to participate, you will be moved to the Main Stage.
- When you are in the Green Room you can only be heard by the other speakers and Technical Assistant.
- When you are on the Main Stage your audio will be heard by all attendees.
- You can communicate with the speakers and chairs via the ‘Presenter Chat’ in OnAIR.
- Throughout the session participants will be able to submit questions for the Live Q&A scheduled at the end of the session. These questions will feed through to the Q&A Panel in the presenter view of the session.
- To open the Live Q&A window, select the button on the Presenter Control Panel.
- The chair will lead the Q&A discussion, which will be verbal and broadcast to the attendees.
- The chair will monitor submitted questions and flag up selected questions of interest to read out during Live Q&A. Questions can be voted for by the audience.
- Although you do have access the Live Q&A panel, do not use it to answer questions in writing during the live session. Once the session has concluded you can go back through the feed and answer the questions directed at you in writing if you wish. You can access text reply by selecting the ‘pencil icon’ when hovering over the question.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection. Close other applications or streaming sites that may strain your connection.
- Disable any pop-up blockers.
- We recommend you use a headset with microphone and have a secondary laptop on standby (if available).
- If using a laptop or a small screen. Update your Display Settings – Scale and Layout: to 100% to better fit your screen (standard default is 125%).
- If you have view preview or attendee view in the Online Event Portal, please mute the video to prevent feedback.
- The entire session will be recorded unless you have notified us in advance not to do so.
- You can provide supporting material to attendees if you wish. If you have some ‘hand-outs’ please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will not be able to see your attendees. You will be able to see the chair and other presenters.
When accessing your Presentation in the Timeline, you will see on the right-hand-side a red box called ‘Control Room Chat’. This will give you direct access to the Control Room Technicians to ensure you get immediate assistance if you have any questions or encounter any unforeseen issues. You can also talk to the Technical Assistant within your session.
No matter where you are in the portal, if you are having any issues with your audio, visual and access, click the red headset icon on the top right-hand-side of the top menu bar and send our AV Team a message to troubleshoot any issues as they arise.
If you would like further tips on making your own recording, please see our Tips for Recording.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this guidance or need assistance.